Moving to the USA
TransGlobal Shipping and Storage has a wealth of experience moving to locations throughout the United States. We cover all cities and states from New York, New Jersey and more on the east coast, to California, Oregan and Washington on the West Coast and everywhere in between.
TransGlobal Shipping and Storage has an extensive network of partner companies that cover the width and breadth of the United States – even to Hawaii – to ensure high quality door to door relocations.
Any household items that enter the United States need to be cleared by US Customs – both for returning United States citizens, and for those who are resident of another country entering the United States. TransGlobal Shipping and Storage will provide all of the documentation required and assistance to ensure that is completed so that your move to the USA is a smooth one.
Get A Free Moving Quote to the USA
The first step in moving to the USA or more broadly moving to America is to get your Fast Free Online Moving quote. Simply complete the quote form to provide us with a list of the items in your home.
This list allows us to ensure that moving to the USA is a simple process. Transglobal Shipping are constantly working with customers that are moving to America, so are very familiar with all legal and customs requirements. The list will also allow us to identify ahead of time any special packing requirements for items such as LCD and plasma televisions and entertainment centres, or antique furniture.
In addition to providing you with a fast free moving quote, if you prefer, one of our relocation consultants can visit you at your home and discuss your move to the USA. We can complete an inventory on the spot and get back to you with a prices to move to the USA. Simply contact us to arrange for a home visit.
A Complete Removals Service
TransGlobal Shipping and Storage has a large fleet of vans, trucks and shipping containers. We can move any sized consignment economically and efficiently to America. We can also provide you with all of the assistance you need at every stage.
This may include:
- from planning and packing locally
- through to delivery to your new home
- setting up and unpacking
- removal of packaging material
With a vast network of business partners across the USA, we ensure you receive the best level of customer service and local knowledge throughout the entire moving process.
When it comes to your possessions, we can take care of insurance, manage customs requirements on exit and entry and organise storage when and where required.
Vehicles, Boats and Trailers
TransGlobal can organise transportation for your car, boat, trailer or other vehicles (note if you are taking a vehicle to the USA that vehicles are left hand drive). Simply let us know the details and we will arrange for specialist transportation.
We may not be able to help you jump the airport queue or fast-track the rigorous US customs and immigration requirements for your family, but we can provide some useful links to help you plan your move to the USA and to get established when you arrive.
Moving To The USA
Weather and Climate
Real Estate and Housing
Need more information?
Interesting (and not-so-interesting) facts
- 250 to 300 million cell phones are being used in the U.S.
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes on one foot
- Armadillos have four babies at a time and they are always all the same sex
- The day after Thanksgiving is the busiest day for plumbers in the US
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in America (not China), in 1918, by Charles Jung
- There is a law in California that states that sunshine is guaranteed to all people
- Los Angeles was originally named “El Pueblo la Nuestra Senora de Reina de los Angeles de la Porciuncula”
- Maine is the toothpick capital of the world
- New Jersey has a spoon museum with over 5,400 spoons from almost all the US states
- There was once a town in West Virginia called “6”
- The parking meter was invented in North Dakota